You guys – I can’t believe I didn’t write ANYTHING on this blog after my 2014 year in review. I kept meaning to write stuff, but time clearly got away from me.
When I last left you, reader, I promised that 2015 was the year I was going to:
…move forward and continue to just live the shit out of life.
I’m sure it comes as a surprise to no one that this is exactly what I did.
2015 was the year of saying yes. It was a year of hopping on planes, and jumping in cars and taking off on all kinds of adventures. It was a year of speaking my mind and taking a little less bullshit than usual. It was a year of playing fantasy football – even though I said I wouldn’t ever ever again (in case you’re wondering, I’m 1-11, so maybe I actually should have said no to that…).
Looking back on this year, I don’t have any regrets, and I feel really good about that. My bank account might beg to differ with me on that point, but hey – fuck it. So, here’s how it went down for me in the first part of the year…
I kicked off my 28th year of life with dinner at Bella Luna with good friends and dancing the night away at 90’s night at Common Ground. It was also the real kick-off of a friendship (and group text) that I don’t know how I lived without before this year. The two ladies pictured above (Lauren and Ashley) have become two of the people I look to the most when I need a laugh or hell, even a good cry. We’ve had one hell of a year in a lot of different facets of our lives and I’m so grateful that we have each other to get through it all together. ❤ you girls!
When I think of the beginning of 2015, I will forever remember all of the fucking snow. Like, seriously – it was insane. I didn’t go to work for 5 straight Monday’s and I can’t tell you how many hours of Bar Rescue I watched with my roommates. It was fun at first but it got old pretty fast. Like sure, it’s fun to have blizzard parties once or twice a year, but when it gets to the point where the trains are shut down for a week straight and even when they do work it takes you 2+ hours to get anywhere it loses its luster pretty quickly. I’m already dreading what’s in store for New England in the next few months…
The last big thing that happened for me in the beginning of the year is that I ran my very first 5K! My dad has been really into running for awhile now, and I’ve really admired him for that. I knew that I wanted my very first race to be with him and my mom, and I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to do that (even if it was freezing cold). After that first 5K I went on to run about 5 or so more throughout the year, which is something I honestly never believed I would do. I don’t love running, but I don’t hate it either. I’m looking forward to many more races in my future – maybe even a 10K in 2016!
- Seeing Ira Glass live in person with Nam and Elizabeth – I was so happy I cried.
- Going to Extreme Beer Fest for the first time – which has a pretty embarrassing story to go along with it that I don’t plan on sharing here… but feel free to ask me about that one offline.
- Seeing Mike Birbiglia with Lauren. That ruled.
- Rupaul’s Drag Race for Frankie’s birthday.
- St. Patrick’s Day at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery with Lee, JT, Eryn, Helder, Kara, and Kelly. It was epic.
- Finally going to The Donkey Show with Caitlin, Frankie and Vanessa – I think they can attest that the look on my face at the end was pretty priceless.
- An awesome road trip with my work spouse Ryan, which included an awesome night at ROC Brewing and a detour to Brewery Ommegang.
…..and that was just the beginning.